View Single Post
# 1 09-11-2004 , 06:27 PM

Rigid Binding with IK Handles

Hello everybody.

I encountered this problem when building a skeleton with controllers for a character I made.
The problem is that after Rigid Binding the skeleton to the skin, I noticed the Go To Bind Pose command wasn't working. The Script Editor said this:
Warning: Could not reach pose on (joint3) rotate. //
// To disable IK, constraints, and expressions, you can use the Modify->DisableNodes menu.
Other connections can be broken using the script editor.
// Or, to reset the saved pose on a joint, select the joint and enter 'dagPose -reset -name bindPose1'.
I also read the Docs:
"The use of constraints, expressions, or IK handles with keys set can restrict going to the bind pose."

So I concluded that the problem is I used IK Handle and Constraints (some of them with Driven Keys) to make my controllers to the Skeleton.

Although I discovered what the problem was, I wasn't able to fix it. I didn't find the Modify>DisableNodes menu, and couldn't quite figure out nothing more to help. Oh, I also tried the Command 'dagPose -reset -name bindPose1' that was written on the Script Editor, but I didn't quite got it (should I apply this command to the Joints, or the whole Skeleton? None of them worked)

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

:bgreen:

Last edited by said; 09-11-2004 at 06:30 PM.