View Single Post
# 1 21-07-2008 , 09:54 AM

Preferences wont save

Hi, this is bugging me ever since I am running maya under winXP. (never had this problem under win2k)

Preference -> Settings
my default settings are

Linear:centimeter
Angula:degrees
Time:24fps

now I tried it a hundred times in my life to change it to

Linear:meter
Angula:degrees
Time:25fps

because this is what I desperately need for every project I work on.

PROBLEM:

I change settings - Save
even if I open settings right after I have changed them Maya has its default settings.

facts:

I couldn´t make these changes of settings to any installation of maya on any PC. I sure tried it with about 20-30 PCs with different hardware and software setups.
I now turn off allmost every other program running, not only these which write to myDocuments like maya. I tried to uncheck the write protection for this folder but it doesn´t let me. a programmer friend of mine told me that there is no natural possibility to make that happen with the myDocuments folder, unless you code it.

once and then I come to this point over and over again, desperation, hate and misery. for christ´s sake - I need to solve this issue once and for all times. it is making me sick and no1 could ever tell me a working way to get ridd of this problem!

it isn´t funny anymore man! please some dude here, help me, or I dump maya and stick to 3ds! (just kidding)

thx!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.