View Single Post
# 7 10-03-2003 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber

d24e: how many pictures of the above quality (wich seems very nice in my opinion) can you store in 16 or 128 MB?[/b]

the file above (only twice the size) was 992 kb, as i said in first post. the manual says that you are supposed to fit 13 of such in a 16 mb card. it usually compressed better than the manual says - i get about 16 in the 16 mb card. but then the manual says that you can fit 71 of the lowest quality and small size. that i cannot second. the "promised" average 200 kb per picture turned out not to apply. especially with a lot of trees (many branches, especially hard on jpeg) the 71 images were reduces to 31 user added image. it was merely a compression thing? nope. the cam does a very bad job compressing the 1 megapixel shot. testing a bit after that to find out why, i figurered out that the same shot that turned the image bigger than the manual hints in 1 MP made a smaller than hinted image in 4 MP.

emo: how much did it cost you?

oh i guess too much - i paid EUR 580 for it. it is the bonus of living in germany. and another thing that made the price that high - i completely disapprove of buying stuff online. i want to WALK to the store incase of a warranty issue.

M: i also have a digital camera like yours made by sony

oh sony, that is nice. unfortunately they are not my price tag in the quality of pictures i do want :p