View Single Post
# 1 03-07-2003 , 02:52 AM

July Challenge - Traiven3d - Noobie

Hi, just stumbled upon this board a couple days ago, so I thought I'd join in.

A little bit about me... Just graduated college where I was working in 3dsmax, although i've been working with all sorts of 3d apps for years. Decided this past month to finally take the plunge and learn Maya, seeing as most companies in Ontario use it.

I've used NURBS in Rhino3d... however Maya's have a bit of a different edge to them, so i'm not sure if i'll use them along the way or not.

On to my concept for the challenge. I've always liked the idea of being a vampire (i'm not a goth, just a fan of Anne Rice [an excellent author]), so I thought "What pet would a vampire want to have with him through the centuries?". I chose a house cat; small, easy to transport, see's in the dark, agile, and always has a look on his face like he knows something you don't.... what more could you ask for?

The pic below is of "Fred", a family pet who died a couple years ago. I decided i'd try to bring him back to life...

Of course in order to live for centuries longer, and be under my control, the cat requires a small diamond shaped vial of my blood, strapped to his neck by a eloquent leather collar.

Well i'm gonna go get some polys cookin, Later

Attached Images