View Single Post
# 1 28-12-2003 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber

need help encrypting text

More than likely, none of you can help me with this, but I suppose it's worth a try.....

Basically, I was wondering what files types (formats) are used for encoding text (not text files mind you; just the actual text), how one goes about saving as those file types, and the programming language used. I was hoping to create my own encryptor just for fun and have my text encrypted in a specific way. I'm not sure how it's done really, but I'm sure I can easily learn how. Right off the top of my head, I can think of two separate ways to encrypt the text: 1) rearrange the letters according to a specific mathematical-based pattern which could include adding random characters into the text to allow ELS (equadistant letter spacing) or some type of matrix layout that could later be decrypted obviously by a reverse process -or- 2) substituting a different character for each character in the text. Obviously, one could implement both of these techniques to encrypt text which would further the security of the encryption.

You can do things like this is MS Word with simple commands like ctrl h to find a letter and replace it with another, but this would take an eternity. I need code that will do it for me with just a click of a button. (much like batch files if you've ever dealt with them before)

Thanks

www.Darkware3D.com