View Single Post
# 5 21-02-2006 , 08:22 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ritchie the Brit

Welcome dude. As for your transition from C4D I dont think it will be all bad as from what Ive seen of it its almost very Maya on the Mac, and obviously the terms and phrases are goingto differ here and there.

As for Maya being crap modelling tool wise, thats probably a little harsh for something so good, Ive been using Maya for a long time now since '99 and I can tell you its anything but crap, its improved in alot of areas and can still be improved in others. MJpolytools is a must as with spinfaces, although saying that MJPs are now included in Maya 7. (pixelsoul: are you a bitter and twisted Lighwave user LOL?)

As for speed, well like all other software its going to vary on scene size and all the other stuff thats going on at the time. Shave and Haircut is very good for Maya I have tried it, fur is good but Hair is better, but again all will come down to knowledge etc of how to handle such things along with a powerful pc/mac, but as Magicsy has said questions can be asked if you are completely stuck or cant find it in the help and there are plenty of good people about who Im sure will answer...

Good luck

Jay