View Single Post
# 48 12-07-2004 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
thanks brian_ellebracht: I tried your settings and I am still getting the same problem (not as pronounced). I forgot to mention that the browian and cloud textures are 3d textures. Is this the problem?

Rendering with the software render isn't a possibility since MR does such a great job and achieves the look I want. My render times jumped a bit I can get about 3 to 4 frames an hour. I am doing 150 frames and will just loop the animation, but I still need to put a wire frame in there and a smooth shaded. Any ideas on a better way to tackle this problem?
My animation for my reel will be basic lighting with the GI_Joe light script and basic flat shading so the renders will be fast and not as complex. The biggest constraint I am under is there is an Alias maya users group meeting next tuesday and I want to have my reel finished by then so I can do some networking and get some feed back, and of course possible get my foot in the door somewhere. A buddy of mine offered to export it in a fbx and biong it into max and render with vray but I would perfer to figure this out in Maya.
I will be bringing in my tank on a CDR to the meeting and asking the guy from Alias to help me optimize it and or his input on optimizeing it to keep my render times down.

I appreciate all your support and help,

Thanks,
Kassun

"The day you stop dreaming is the day you die"

www.kassuns.com