View Single Post
# 20 29-03-2010 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
to add to stwerts advice, I dont know if you know this already, but when you resize/optimize images for web use, in Photoshop, rather than just saving as normal, go to 'Save for Web' a little further down the File menu and in the screen that opens, save them as pngs, (theres a choice ...png 8 bit, 24 bit, maybe another aswell i think, dont really think it makes alot of difference), much smaller and faster loading image files than jpegs.

I dont want to annoy you...(!!) just having trouble regetting my head around the css links rules. I would have thought that a:visited would then keep that link a different colour for thereafter, so if you click on a link, then you go that page that is linked, the link thats on that page will have altered colour. I guess I must be wrong, as your doing it right now, and its been a while since I have.

Another option Id recommend for images if youre up for it, is a javascript script called slimbox, or lightbox. I think their are a few variations. I have a version I could send but it doesnt have slideshow arrows so you have to close one image when you want to look at another. Its more complicated than doing it the html way, but they always come with instructions, and I dont know any javascript and I managed to get it to work fairly easily.