View Single Post
# 1 09-06-2005 , 03:14 PM

firering batch rendering wont work

Hi
I followed the Fire ring tutorial and managed to render a frame successfully (great tutorial btw user added image ). Since it was animated, I thought Ill render it as an animation. However, i cant seem to render anything animated. Ive searched the board and followed the rendering tutorial but it still didnt work. I have 120 frames which I set in the Render Global place. Image format is targa, and set as name.#.ext. Im rendering all and the camera is persp (Default since thats what view I was animating in). The frame paddiing I used was 3. I close this window, and go to Render......Batch Render. In the bottom right hand corner it says "Rendering using Maya software" then almost instanslty it changes to " Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information." However, when I go to my file directory I only have 1 TGA file (which is just black. Im assuming thats because the first frame is black and thats all it rendered). Any ideas? I also noticed when I load the file (FireRing.mb) I get this message in the bottom right hand corner."
Warning: line 1: Cycle on 'FireparticleShape.fireScale' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
Thanks for any help. (apologies for the long post....just wanted to make sure all the info was there user added image)