View Single Post
# 33 09-01-2011 , 07:24 PM
Hello all,

Rick Mulawa is my name. I was a senior systems engineer providing pre-sales technical support for several major computer manufacturers for over 15 years. I handled high performance computing, and graphics for government labs, Universities, and some major west coast vfx studios.

My initial modeling experience was as a structural engineering consultant performing finite element analysis for the auto industry in Michigan. While working for SGI and Sun Microsystems I had the opportunity to watch the CG artists at ILM and Pixar working on the Jurassic Park, Terminator, and Toy Story movies and became interested in modeling using Maya as a hobby. I have been working with Maya now since version 1.0 and tend to focus on hard surface modeling as I can draw upon my past experience as a structural engineer.

I hold degrees in Aeronautical Engineering (MS), Electrical and Computer Engineering (BS), Computer Science (BS), and just recently received a Doctoral degree in Medical Physics (PhD).

I have been a member of Simply Maya since 2004 and was recently honored to asked to moderate the modeling channel in the forums.

I am still trying to decide what I want to do when I grow up.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 09-01-2011 at 10:49 PM.