View Single Post
# 11 09-01-2007 , 04:12 PM
The video definitely has a fundamentalist slant to it. The media industry (TV, Cable, News, Internet, etc.) and the changing world has brought these things like violence, sex, etc. and shoved it in your face whether you like it or not. I've no problem with a video game rating system. We should have one. What I feels is the most important thing is parents taking an active interest and talking with their kids...not that this will stop them if they go over a friend's house to play GTA...similar to sneaking into an "R" rated movie when underage...but talking to them and being an important part of their daily life is important. There are always going to be kids who aren't "quite right" in the head and shoot up a school...the media will sensationalize and place blame on FPS games or whatever else.

I remember all the craziness with AD&D back in the 80s...some unstable kids whose characters died, causing them to commit suicide....the magic symbols used...all these things....or what about backwards masking? Ozzy's "Suicide Solution"...Judas Priest going to court...etc.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."