View Single Post
# 7 10-09-2012 , 06:06 PM
Thanks again for all the advice.

My learning curve is really steep, so all these tips are crucial. I really appreciate everyone's input.

I have 10 months to catch up on from last year's loss of equipment to be close to where I should be by now, in order to push forward with my goals and skill-set. Not to mention actual physical projects that need to be finished by this time next year that were started in pre-prod before I was robbed.

Frantic pace. very frantic.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. I'm going back into the torso and other areas to see how many poly's I can eradicate, but spent some time on modeling the rest of him this weekend.

The underpants were a huge experiment of trial and error before I could finally get them to work. And low poly's didn't seem to be an option overall. I wound up remodeling them probably 6 times fully before figuring out how to do the vertex hole cut ( and jettison my love of bools-god I hate them now...so havoc-wreaking in complex geometries) )and how to set that hole method in the underwear well-cavities. I haven't edited that completion footage yet, but here's everything sort of up to the point of me merging the vertexes before actually making the holes for those interested. Other design stuff worked on as well in the description. But, just allot to sift through and edit to make my little art-house pieces here, so I cut together a mini trailer to experiment a little with a different vibe for the full second Vid next week.

Here's a temp cut preview of that time-lapse until a proper edit of all the remaining footage Sunday.
Just part of the grand experiment of upping my body of work. Enjoy or don't.

That's what this is all about kids.

TC

Description-

CONTENT OF PREVIEW- Modeling the metal underpants in preparation for the vertex-point socket holes for the interior femur ball-joints.

Content of upcoming FULL-LENGTH video- Finishing of the underpants, primary modeling of the arm and leg bands, knee and elbow joints, belly-spring segmentation and start of constraining edges /edge refinement over the model (including the head...yes, I know there's a seam around the dome until I constrain the cyclops eye).

Catch you next week!

(HD) MAYA_Preview trailer_Modeling a Cartoon Robot_part_02 - YouTube