View Single Post
# 2 26-01-2007 , 01:55 AM
Subscriber
Niiiice job ZeroAlarm.

Don't it just feel great to make something new that nearly busts your head open while trying to work it out. 'Specially when you're following a tute for a different software package - I always like doing that because it gives me new ways of looking at things and lets you appreciate the strengths/weaknesses of the software package of choice. I find it's also a pretty good way to learn how to use tools, since more often than not, the one you don't know much about is the closest analogue to the tool being used that you don't have. Experimentation, experimentation..

Now then, with that said - I really like the vents running down the side and on the font of the engines - really helps finnish it off. I really suck at recognising where to add details like that to help finish a model off. Same with colour - it's not a stong point of mine. UV mapping doesn't really faze me too much, but it's what the hell to do with it after I've done that part that hurts my little brain.

Looking forward to seeing whatever comes next.

btw - nice touch with the ship's stats at the bottom - it really seems to work with the model as it is.

Simon.