View Single Post
# 14 19-09-2005 , 08:38 PM
What happened was I pressed delete and it exposed more faces behind it, and then I saw a Warning, so I assumed it didn't work and (for some reason) decided to try "Delete Edges".

Anyway, I read your post, tried it again, and realized my mistake! :attn:

Thanks a lot! I cleaned up the model, but I am still have one (okay, two) problems. First of all, on the part of the gun towards the back where it goes up (see screenshot #1) I can't merge the edges. When I go to Merge Edge Tool, it only allows me to merge it with the short edges on the side. I tried deleting them, but it gave an error.

My other question is that it is my understanding that the edge that is highlighted in screenshot #2. You will notice that both of the edges go to the same vertice. Probably a mistake I made while trying to clean it up. Is there any way to fix it? I have looked at a lot of wireframe models, and I never see anything like this. Will it fix when I smooth it?

Speaking of smoothing, a QUICK question...I read in the WIP forum where someone was making a kickass car he said that you should train yourself to know where to put poly splits and work with your model while smoothed. Does that mean that you should take a poly model in the very early stages and do a proxy smooth and work with the bounding box?

Thanks a million! :bow:

PS: I like your fighter y-wing model user added image

Attached Thumbnails