View Single Post
# 3 19-05-2010 , 07:38 AM
Thanks for the response.

I should clarify again: I have absolutely no problem rigging at all. I'm hardly the best character rigger in town but I know more than enough to get exactly what I need out of any particular character I might end up working with.

I'm not really involved in pipeline work and I don't animate for game engines directly - only pre-rendered sequences.

So, in other words, I can use rig of any layout or makeup for the purposes without any problems.

By "professional" I only really meant good quality. Probably a poor choice of words.

I do lots of fast turn around work, and if I were a Max user, I would have access to seemingly hundreds of fairly decent, usable, fully rigged characters. Some aren't so cheap...say $300+ sorta thing, but even that is sometimes doable because it can in included in a project's cost.

It's actually more expensive for me to spend the time to rig a character myself, because I don't do it daily and it takes me a bit of time.

I'm a 3D artist, but also game developer, website developer, among other things... I'm just after some good 3D files to get a hold of and hit the ground running when a project comes along.

I already do my own characters, rigs, scenes, etc... it's just not always the best way to go.

I consist of mostly water.