View Single Post
# 47 29-02-2004 , 02:02 AM
Mike, your missing my point. For a "tutorial" I should not have to readjust the image planes so much! The components of the tutorial from the students point of view should be complete. The excercise is to model a dragon using basic nurbs for massing and polygon editing for modeling not try to re-intepret the reference images.

I'm just trying to help you guys out with some of my feelings as I try to complete this model.

From the students (that's me) point of view I lost a day of modeling time because I had to diddle with getting the reference images correct.

Kurt, overall the techniques you show in the tutorial are great and I have learned a ton. I am just saying that this referance image scale and proportion thing from the point of view of a complete novice to maya and modelling and art and anatomy and perspective and scale and and and.... has been a stumbling block.

Anyway, I was just posting my experiences - good and bad - as I work through the tutorial. For a more experienced modeller I am sure this is a non-issue.

Dragon Body

Day 2:

After pushing a pulling vertices and hulls for a couple hours this is the proportions I am going to start with. I'll refine them after I convert to polygons and as I am adding details. Otherwise, I will be stuck in nurbs massing mode forever.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ctbram; 04-03-2004 at 12:13 PM.