View Single Post
# 3 19-01-2003 , 12:48 AM
Subscriber
I'm a bit confused now, just reading the documentation I dont see why it wont work when I follow the instructions.. I have the rocket ship near the origin and the pivot point is just below the origin, I place the spotlight up and away from the ship, when I create it it looks as if it is facing the origin kinda, so I select the rocket , then the light, constrain > aim ... and when I do this the light then aligns with the x axis and faces out along that, NOT at the ship, now from reading the manual it says something that the lights x axis will be now aimed toward the pivot point of the rocket, but its not !! Surely there has to be an easy way to solve this !

I couldnt quite follow your instructions mark, sorry, I'm pretty new to all this, and I wouldnt know how to find the coordinates to point the spotlight at.

Basically what is going to happen is the rocket will take off and I want the spotlight to always focus on the rocket, any ideas? You are right that it does have to do with the aim axis. If I typed an aim axis into the constraint menu then that wouldnt be connected to the rocket would it? When the rocket took off the camera would still be focusing on that aim axis? Don't they have to be connected somehow?

And when you say group the light and aim constraint to the parent group, what is the parent group? The rocket?