View Single Post
# 1 13-03-2003 , 05:36 AM
Subscriber

Favourite animators??

I thought itd be fun and interesting to find out who everyone's favourite animators are. Who's work has been most inspirational and influential to you? Dont worry if you dont know their names...you can just name the cartoon etc. And it doesnt just have to relate to 3D - all forms count. It might also be interesting to see what character(s) have had the most impact on you...I'll start user added image

For me, the best traditional animator has to have been Chuck Jones. I grew up watching the likes of Tom and Jerry and it always had me fascinated...still does user added image

I guess the same could be said for Fred Quimby and Tex Avery.

Art Babbit did some awesome stuff for Disney too. There was always something magical about classical 2d animation. You dont quite get that now sadly...

Other favourites are Matt Groening, Nick Park and Tim Burton (Nightmare Before Christmas is fantastic!!)

And of course there is Ray Harryhausen and his inspirational work

As for 3D, I guess Pixar gets all the plaudits. The benchmark!! Blue Sky also....Though I really like Mark Behm's style user added image

As for best character, well Homer Simpson is so damn funny but then again Ive always liked Wile E. Coyote - some sort of empathy I guess lol.

Last edited by alexgc; 13-03-2003 at 11:03 AM.