View Single Post
# 1 29-08-2006 , 11:44 PM

Converting Triangles to Quads? (not working)

Heya.

I have a model here I got from a game but.... I've already used Polygon Cleanup to take care of some 'crazyness' that was going on with the mesh. Gosh it was like spiderwebs, all over the place, even in the air (which wasn't part of the actual shape).

Now after the cleanup, I still am not impressed with this mesh. I mean, why triangles? I could never understand that personally. Quads seems to look alot cleaner and well organised, and easier to work with too. But i tried to convert triangles to quads and it DIDN'T WORK. Now what? Perhaps there is some other method? Can I duplicate the model shape, but not the 'mesh', the UV map? can I dupicate and have the copy become quads? It might be difficult to do so and keep the shape, because I can see in some cases, triangles were actually adjusted for the appearance - not just 'there' because games require it or something.

By the way, I want to ask, is the newest Maya much easier in some ways than Maya5? I still have Maya 5! lol. I need to update it for sure...