View Single Post
# 8 17-08-2008 , 07:00 PM
I really appreciate your motivating words, and they do have its effect on me. I just would like to ask you actually 2 more questions. it is concerning issues where I couldn´t after all find any solution.

#1 Poses

in my understanding I have a heavy mocap data layer at the base. on top of this base layer I would add my own keys to make changes on effectors in translation and rotation. now - since it is adviced to not copy poses from that base layer and paste it into my working layer on top, I just went like this - and it never worked out ->

mocap is done. need to cycle the anim now. therefore I goto frame1 in the nextlayer1 and create poseA. then goto last frame and paste poseA on layer1. now the Character´s pose changes - but - it isn´t quite exact the same pose then I copied. the rootBone is the most concerning spot in most cases I guess.

my conclusion: creating and pasting poses doesn´t just work like that if there is a layer with animation underneath the layer where I copy and paste poses. it never worked out for me. this was mostly why I desperately resigned because I wasn´t able to find out how to successfully C&P poses within about 2 weeks.

#2 auxiliary nodes - the shoulder/collar joint

I do have this bone in my rigg. it is named correctly after MB naming convention RightShoulder/LeftShoulder. it is in the mapping list on both output and input Character. there is motion on the collarBone from moCap skeleton.

BUT

I never get this animation transfered to my animation Rigg, which is even the same skeleton duplicated from mocap files (just a little bit modified). so the char allways behaves a little like frankenstein. the shoulders never move. MB didn´t even create Effector for the shoulderBones. I wasn´t able to solve this issue too.

If you might have any ideas about that, I would own you a big one!

here is some stuff I´ve allready tried with some help of others on this C&P poses.

https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...09#post5324209

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.