View Single Post
# 17 20-12-2009 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
if that's the case then yes, yes you can stuff the entire transformation into one attribute

what i did for a proof of concept was i made a custom attribute on a control curve that would do the transform for the left arm.
i used set driven keys to key the parent constraints.
i made two parent constraints on each piece, one on a bone and one on a piece of geometry.

since the bones for the arms and legs would be tied to IK this seemed like the best way to do it.. although i think the IK handle has weighting on it so i guess setting that to 0 would be another way, but i prefered to keep the distance between joints as they were so i wouldn't accidentally make limbs longer than they should be

i did make seperate attributes on the control curve for the limbs and eventually the body, but theoretically you could just use one attribute for the enitre thing.
i think it might be better to keep them seperated out to little blocks like that though. that way you can have more flexibility on how you transform your machine.

dunno if that makes sense....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D