View Single Post
# 10 27-10-2003 , 05:34 PM
yeah actually i wanted to use displacement mapping thats why the geometry looks heavy, also was trying to bake the lighting on a vertex basis but that didnt work out so if this thing takes forever to render im going to cut down on the poly count cause i dont need all those extra polys now.The foetus's were intended to be dark so that they would fall into heavy contrast with the environment making them not only catch your eye but also be on the ominous side(im a huge fan of east european cinema).That piece of machinery on the wall on the left is just a random thing that i modelled( found outside my college lab).Again the whole scene was modeled and lit in 2 days cause im on a major deadline on completing my reel so theres not much animation going on with the foetuses, theyre floating around with minimal movement.Textures are all 1k with a hand painted reflection map on the floor.
Used mental ray with global illumination and final gathering, using one physical spotlight with fog for the sunbeams coming through the window and 4 light cards in the doors(pieces of simple geometry that emit light) creating the pools of light scattering around the place,adding to the overall lighting in the scene.
Bryce those arent rods really, its a wooden frame window with the glass missing, something that you would normally see in japanese houses.Those windows that use paper instead of glass.