View Single Post
# 6 10-01-2011 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
Hey CTbram, thanks I got it to kind of work. I still cant figure out how exactly you did the 90 degree rotate 90 deg for each keyframe. I cant seem to get them to rotate each frame. Ive never used this animation preset before. How do I use the twist property? Do I adjust it in the channel box?

Thanks for the help.

For a non-dynamic solution you can use animate>motion path>attach to motion path in conjunction with animate>create animation snapshot

1. make a torus and shape it like a link
2. make a curve as the path of the chain
3. attach the link to the curve (attach to motion path) and play with the number of frames to create the correct number of links for the length of the curve (this is a trial and error process).
4. you want the link to rotate 90 deg for each frame so key the first frame and use the twist property of the motion path and set it to the number of frames * 90 and key it for the last frame
5. create a animation snapshot

There is also a dynamics solution for this but it is more complex. So for a static shot duplication along a motion path is the better approach.

Here is a quick image of the setup and the result of the animation snapshot. You can see I generated 60 key frames for the attach to motion path creating 60 links for the animation snapshot.