View Single Post
# 1 11-04-2003 , 04:34 AM

Help me with my game - 2D (3D models topdown)

Hey
I've been reading these forums for a long time now but have only just recently had access to Maya and have found it to be incredibly hard to learn and stuff, this is a great community though

Anyway, I'm making an arcade-style space shooter game and thought I'd post and see if anyone would be interested in helping with some modeling/texturing of some stuff

The game is being coded soley by me, and will be completed within a few months.
Currently it's in quite early stages but I can tell you that it's a 2D space shooter game in which two players fight "head to head" using a variety of weapons to destroy each others spaceships.

As I said, it's only 2D, but I would like to use 3D models which have been created and rendered with a "top down" perspective in mind, so that they're nice to look at user added image

I can provide more details about the sorts of models I'm after, but I thought I'd just see if anyone's interested first, because there are so many really tallented people here and I think it could be fun to see art meet application - even if it is a bit of a crummy game :p

When it's finished it will be available for download free of charge, and any artwork used will be acknowledged in all documentation and credits within the game.

Thnx
PappaSmurf