View Single Post
# 1 22-08-2014 , 12:44 AM

Would you please help me??

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR READING AND HELPING!!!!
I modeled and have problems getting mudbox to accept it. Because my experience is limited, I am doing a childish mistake that I dont know how to fix..can you help me??
I know mudbox only takes polygons. So I build all my models using the Cube. I love working with this...
So here it goes...
1 - I modeled this screw.(screw1 jpeg)
2 - Then I used the helix polygon and just "dumped" on it like you see on mudbox capture shown.
3 - Well in mudbox I try to retopo, and it wont do it, because of this message. And you can see the red mess shown..
4 - In Maya, I use the "Cleanup" tool...but...it doesnt work as I dont really know which settings to use.

So questions:
1) What do I need to do when I want to use other primitives such as Helix to be able to work in mudbox?
2) When I combine (in this case the helix with the base model) what is the correct procedure?(because obviously I grossly put them together expecting Maya to fix it on its own)what is the correct procedure to "combine" and "merge" (any tutorial suggested?)
3) In this case what can I do to fix it? because I dont really know which faces to delete..
AGAIN, I AM VERY APPRECIATED FOR ANY HELP!!!!

Attached Thumbnails