Thread: Mac or PC
View Single Post
# 14 05-01-2010 , 05:31 AM
Technical Director

Originally posted by arvel
Hi,
I think a PC would be better, because it has good applications that can help you with college. The PCs are overall for everything, but the Macs are mostly for pictures, music and videos. And about that "PCs can get viruses and Macs can't", don't worry. You just have to know how to take care of your PC. Oh, and PCs are also more durable than Macs in almost every way.
Source(s):
I've been through college with both PC and Mac. The PC was more useful for me. And about that "PCs can get viruses and Macs can't", don't worry. You just have to know how to take care of your PC.

Macs can do as much as PC's, as they run on a UNIX backbone, allowing quick recompilation of open source tools, either through a native rebuild, or through some emulation environment such as X11.

I'm not sure why people come and say Macs are for this, and PCs are for that. They all run on the same hardware now, and all are capable of doing the same things, just in different ways.

All productivity software such as Microsoft Office is available, as well as free alternatives such as Open Office.

Also, stating that "PCs get viruses and Macs dont, you just need to know how" is strange. Why learn, and constantly monitor your computer, when you can just forget about it with a mac?

Don't get me wrong. I like both; and I have both. I just use them for different things. I use Windows for programming, and Mac for graphics.

Also, with Macs, you don't need to worry about hardware conflictions, which are always prevalent with Windows.

Now, lets keep this away from a Mac vs Windows thread. The way you should choose your product, is to try them out. We can tell you everything, but if you yourself don't like it, than whats the point?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 05-01-2010 at 05:35 AM.