View Single Post
# 62 29-09-2003 , 12:35 AM
Subscriber
Well I thought I would post an update as progress has been rather slow, but updates are due.

Apologies if it isn't very good but this is the first time I have ever painted textures from scratch like this. I usually use photos and play around with them so this has been an eye opener in more ways than one. If it looked like the time it had taken I'd be redoing the roof of the Sistine chapel now, chortle. Please don't mind the gaps, some of my masks have a few lines and they'll get fixed later when I merge etc; it's not the uv map which has turned out to be well worth the effort; no stretching and nastiness. Good stuff the dannytools, recommended.

A note on the ogre head, I found a black and white sketch on the net after a google search and painted it in in PS - thus the original drawing is not mine. I jjust wanted to mention that as it would not be right to credit the sketch as mine. The bad painting is though!

At the end I shall list all the tuts and things I used (unless anyone wants some now). I already sent some emails to people thanking them for their tuts, but I'd like to say a public thanks as we go along; the great ideas are theirs, the rather bad art remains mine 8).

Attached Thumbnails