View Single Post
# 1 25-07-2007 , 03:03 AM

Objects move inconsistently when I move multiple

Uh, weird subject line, I admit, but here's my problem (which I am having with Maya 8.5 for Intel Mac):

When I am working on a scene and paste in, or import, objects from another scene sometimes the objects move/resize in bizarre ways.

Let's say I've modeled a TV with twenty primaries in a scene and I open that scene, select the TV and then go back to my original scene and paste (cmd-V) them into the scene. They all end up grouped, which is perfect. Now I use the move tool and move them. Only, one or several objects in this group move disproportional to the handle, so they end up at a totally different location than where I was moving the grouped objects. Usually they just move faster than the mouse drag, and end up further away.

Doing the same in the original scene (i.e. in the TV scene) doesn't move the objects in this way.

Is the problem with the object scene or my current scene? Is there some way to "reset" this behaviour? I've tried setting the move parameters to local, world and object and nothing changes this odd behaviour.

If you still don't understand it, I suppose I could record it and put up a video of it. I submit an image if the phenomenon where I am trying to move the primaries that make out a camera model. They are all grouped in one hierarchy, and one of the objects move faster than the others when dragging it to the right. Why? (not to mention it being clipped in a strange way)

Any ideas?

--
Sandman[.net]