View Single Post
# 8 28-07-2003 , 11:37 PM
Well, in all honesty, 2advanced is a bit played out in the design community. When they built their first site, everyone and his brother jumped on the bandwagon, creating sites with similar effects and motion. It got to the point where you could look at a site and just categorize it as a 2advanced clone.

Don't get me wrong, they definitely have their Flash chops together (which is what they're known for), but having to sit through all the eyecandy animation as their site loads is as a bad as the old "skip movie" splashes everyone used to make, IMO.

I agree that a web shop should have a decent site and I suppose since 2advanced deals mostly with Flash, their site shows what they're capable of. But, I wouldn't say having a decent site is everything if the company is established. I know alot of design boutiques that have VERY mediocre sites and this is usually due to the fact that they've been busy working with clients and haven't had the time to update.

For myself, I prefer very clean design and am more interested in interesting typography, spacing, etc...communicating by the simplest means necessary. As far as Flash goes, I get more into using it for functional purposes rather than eyecandy.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."