View Single Post
# 16 04-02-2007 , 06:38 AM
jasi_hawk > 'Now i have to decide on what mother board should be purchased. can u suggest about a mother board or chipset that is pintype(removable one), or else flat type(integrated with the processor). i heard that the performance of the flat type mother boards are better than the pin type one. is it true.'

Well I'm afraid I can't tell you which motherboard to get exactly, but brands like Gigabyte are pretty good. When your choosing which motherboard, make sure that the chipset is compatible with your processor. Sometimes the socket type is the same, but its incompatible with the processor becuase different models can use the same socket and require different chipsets, RAM and stuff.

Anyways, the motherboard's chipset can't be removed for many reasons and the type of pin a processor uses cannot be chosen - your processor either uses pins or it uses LGA (Land Grid Array), which is what I assume you are reffering to when you mention 'flat type'. About performance, pins are actually better than LGA but they cost more to make for the company and therefore the buyer.