View Single Post
# 1 17-12-2013 , 09:30 PM

what mac/computer should I buy? need help!

Hi there,

i have a problem - i dont know, what computer to buy for working on maya! I'm fifteen and have been working with a friend of my mums computer (she uses maya). I have really enjoyed it - now I would like to start working hard. Since i have always owned a mac (and my whole family does too) I dont know my wy around with a pc and theres nobody i can ask. also, all my other programs are for mac - so i would like to stick with it... now i have been given money for x-mas and want to spend it on a new mac - but im not sure, how to configure it right!!! and if i will be alright working on a mac?
it would be so great if you could help me with this!!!
maybe there is a mac-user here, that can tell me, what counts most...

For example:
the smaller imac can have a 3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,9 GHz)
with 1TB fushion drive and 16GB ram

or the 27inch with 3,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Prozessor (Turbo Boost bis zu 3,6 GHz)
plus a fushion drive & 16 GB ram

or do i need the big one with the expesive NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB GDDR5?!

I cant really spent over 2000,- euros. and i know i would get much more pc for this - but we always had so much trouble with pcs in the family - my mum will have a fit (and she is the one who helps me most, she works in advertisingan d has always used macs and doenst know a thing about pcs. and hates them....)

Im german, so please excuse my english....

Thank you!

Last edited by trollhunter; 17-12-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: wanted to add more details