View Single Post
# 6 15-09-2006 , 05:10 AM
Senior Software Developer
Look at it as an excersie in experimentation. The 60's &70's were all cardboard walls and some guy making swish noises behind the doors, while 2 stage hands pull the doors apart.

Now with the technological advances in CGI, and technology in general, why not give it a go. Star Trek has been given a make over, if they have the capital spare to do it. Go for it... At least its a good training excercise for the VFX post teams.

I think George Lucas was given a hard time about the re touch of Ep 4, 5 & 6. IMHO he was more than justified, the original cells and score were of exceptioanlly poor quality and going digital and retouching those effects helped the films phsyical survival, but I must agree the Han Solo over Jabbas Tail was quite tachy but was the only way to make it work, as in that edit he was a humaniod. It was only in Pre-Production of Ep 6 that it was decided Jabba would be a giant slug.

I say leave Lucas alone, why don't his critics make up a 6 part movie, spawn a cartoon series and multiple books for a single story.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)