View Single Post
# 49 01-01-2010 , 11:33 PM

Can I ask though...seriously. Lets say you've done a boolean and you have a uv set with some serious stretching in the middle because of it, but there is not the extra geo there to help pull the stretching out of the middle. How do you deal with it?

Simple, add an edge, edges, or retopolgize. Which are all fine solutions. I have this model already 99% unwrapped and I have not even had to move an edge or do anything beyond basic unfolds.

You ALL seem to be missing the point of this thread.

I am offering a method to cut oddly shaped openings through surfaces while maintaining render integrity.

In the end it's still easier to use this method and retopologize then sit there with Maya's weak tool set and try to fix lumpy bumpy surface topology simply for the sake making an all quad model.

Did I ever say this is the ONLY final topology and once you use a boolean you can never change the geometry that is created?

I don't see anyone else suggesting any solutions just jumping on me when I take to time to come up with a process.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 02-01-2010 at 12:20 AM.