Thread: nuke
View Single Post
# 4 23-02-2010 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
thanks nextdesign, i thought that did sound a bit cheap. that would be good if the ple version is ok, its just, with maya ple you cant export / import between apps can you. the course involves maya photoshop, nuke, and after effects?

ah yes digital tutors does have a nuke section doesnt it, i havnt been on there for a while. i like digital tutors. fxphd is new to me. phd! i struggled with a bsc!

hh: at the moment. although to my mind it still involves some 3d. i forget the tutors name, but i had a gnomon tutorial, a matte painting one, that mixed 2d elements with 3d. it was like an industrial base set in a snowy mountainous environment. i like, and have also, chris stoskis tutorial with a castle kind of palace type building in a landscape with waterfalls. im interested in mixing 2d with 3d, by 3d i mean models and renders, not animation as such. but the camera projection techniques i have seen interest me also. in that first tutorial i mention, the base in the snow, the guy takes his finished painting and projects it as a texture onto his model in maya, and then does a little pan animation. it looks brilliant. id like to learn how to do that. anything else i can learn will be great. the course looks like it covers quite alot, just, with it being online i dont know how it will work out. id never used after effects till 3 days ago, so ive got some cramming to do before it starts. im missing modelling though a bit. so overall im still with 3d.

Last edited by ben hobden; 23-02-2010 at 12:25 PM.