Thread: Voxels problem
View Single Post
# 3 26-09-2005 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
I know you said your resolution is high, but bear with me.... also I'm not sure if this is a 2D or 3D container too so...

I can tell you just by looking at this that your resolution definitly has something to do with this.. the fluid is going to spill into other voxels no matter what, your resolution, on top of things, can make you or break you when it comes to making it look good. Another thing that you want to mess with is your opacity graph, that goes hand in hand with your container's resolution, especially if you scaled the fluid container in the scene and not in the attribute editor.

The effect your going for in that particular scene is going to require some fine detail, as you can tell.

I would have to see the scene to troubleshoot this, but looking at it, try this....

If its a 2D container, pump that resolution up very very high, and I'm talking at the very least twice as much as you would with a 3d container, you can still sim the fluids very well with an extremely high resolution on a 2D container, especially for that effect.

If its a 3D container, then the most you want your resolution for this effect is a 3 to 1 ratio meaning for every 1 unit you want 3x the resolution, example of that is if my fluid container is 10x10x10 then I want my resolution 30x30x30...
anything higher for this you're killing and wasting resources like a bad farmer....

Now for the piece that definitly plays a huge role...

Your opacity graph will play as much a role here if not more than your resolution. This isn't fire, so from left to right your opacity should be 0 to 1, to give you a start, your first point should be about .1 in the selected position and 0 for your value.. start with that, and make several other points leading up to 1 in position and 1 in value.

One other thing you might want to look at too...

I'm assuming you're using textures, so look at your texture scale that may have an effect also if the texture scales are bigger than 1

Neil
www.delta3d.com
https://twitter.com/frescalus