Thread: yoda
View Single Post
# 24 04-03-2007 , 03:01 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@roco;
thanks for the pictures but I already have those images except, for the desktop one.
(If you look carefully to the head of that first image you posted you will see that when you split the head in two, yoda has like two different faces it looks very good )
@gamester;
thank you and i did a layer render with ambient occlusion and a beauty layer both with mental ray
@ acid44; thanks for the tutorial, and appreciate the critiqueuser added image
@bobalie;Thanks for your comment, and i disagree with you about you could not critisize my work because you(think you) cannot do it.
I posted the image here so that maybe someone could spot something i didn't see and maybe as doubtfull as it is( i am a slowwww learner) i will learn something, so that i will be better at the end.
@ echo red;
About the skin; i know it isn't the right skin colour i actually tried the mental ray skin shader, but suffice to say that it wasn't a succes:headbang:, so it will probably will be a blinn with some procedural textures and a bump map
About the hair; i don't know if i will you use hair or fur i think i will try both on see what looks best.
anywho thanks for your comments.
a little remark on the side;
Making yoda proves much more difficult than i originally anticipated every reference image i have from yoda looks different.
I'm trying to model yoda like a mix between the 'dark' yoda and the 'crazy light' yoda so i need to tweak the model some more with work and all i will probably start with the body in the weekend if it will go as planned anyways.
A little tip for people who are just starting with modeling of characters; delete half of your character and add a mirrored smooth proxy to the remaining half, so you will get a cleaner model i've attached an image which explains this a little bit more

Attached Thumbnails