View Single Post
# 1 11-02-2004 , 12:06 AM

I need some maya buddies

Hey folks.
So I've been pretty much teaching myself Maya for the past two years through tutorials, books, and just plain practice. But what I havent been able to do is work on projects with friends or have someone to talk about my stuff with. Not that I'm a huge computer geek who sits in his room all day, but I just don't have any friends who computer animate. Hurrr!

Now for some background:
I've been involved with computer animation for around 2 years, starting with Cinema 4d then quickly progressing to Maya. I've been interning at Southwest Research Institute here in San Antonio under the training and simulation department. So the projects I've been involved with vary from 2d graphics, web design, sound editing, and 3d animation.

I'm a senior in high school and plan to attend Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, so you can imagine I've been pretty busy with last minute portfolio work.

I'm quite new to the SimplyMaya forum, so this thread is partly a "hey pleased to meet ya" and a inquiry for people who would like to possibly swap AIM contacts for group projects of the sort.

If you are interested in trading contacts, just PM me or e-mail me at Calypso[nospam]@satx.rr.com . (minus the [nospam]).
I am very impressed with the amount of participation and quality work this forum has shown, and hope that I may contribute as much as possible throughout the following years of my CGI studies. :bgreen: