View Single Post
# 2 23-03-2011 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
To be honest - bloody boring.

I say that to you not to be nasty but to help you. This is not a reflection of your work but the showreel itself.

It does not start for 20 seconds - who cares what your name is or what the model is called. I would place your name and email address on the bottom for the whole showreel (That way they know who u are and how to contact you with out looking for it)

The first model`s turn is very slow with the base taking up a 3rd of the screen - the wire part is a much better animation (Although you don`t show the head ????) and I would do the same sort of move for the first part but then you repeat the model with stills - not sure why - your just repeating yourself

The second model little bit more of a flow with this one but think you need to animated it opening and camera pan - not a still, the rest of that part I think is fine.

Last part I would cut the images from lord of the rings out (keep the first flaming eye though) - it is not needed. The text over the eye and the flame eye form lord of the rings is enough the image parts are dull and slid in places.

Any breakdown you want to show text for overlay them over the images and what the hell do you have 45 seconds for credits - leaving your email address on for only 9 seconds???. End with your name, email address and software skills only.

Show reels need
1) To show your best work
2) Be short

One last thing - not a fan of the music - made me feel sleepy (not helped by the pace of your showreel) but at least most watch them with the sound off.

Anyway sorry to be negative but as I said trying to help..... Here is a free tips video from escape studios in London on showreels - Plz note you may have to reg with them before you download.

https://www.escapestudios.co.uk/asset...nar1280720.mp4

Last edited by tweetytunes; 23-03-2011 at 05:08 PM.