View Single Post
# 14 06-12-2011 , 10:23 PM
Noober than noob

I can't even open your scene it just crashes Maya, but we use 2011 so someone on 2012 might have better luck with it. That's huge though for a planetary system, try getting rid of all things generated from paint fx to start with.

You should use a project folders as well in Maya, when you start a new project go to file>project>new and that will sort your textures, renders and other things in a neat manner.

And when you upload files you should compress them, your 20 mb file is 3 mb if you compress it using something like winrar.

I do have a project folder... I just had no idea it was needed. O_o I have mixed up data of the character I was modeling with that other file without knowing what project folder actually does.

I don't want to get rid of the paint generated asteroids though, because then I'll have to make the asteroids manually... which I tried before and it crashed the scene while paint fx turned to mesh doesn't crash it and I can use way more debris.

This is what I've managed to put together from the animation so far. I seriously hate how Youtube fuzzes the colors out! The compressed video looked just like the uncompressed and its just 6 mb -_-
Maya Solar System Test - YouTube
And that's just Jupiter... I have way more planets to put the camera to visit there.
This video was done by saving all frames separately and giving them a name.
I still think the other stars' glow should be toned down but idk if its worth it doing all that work again X_X
Also not sure about Jupiter's ring, if it should emit that shadow or none at all (full transparent).

Last edited by SilverFeather; 06-12-2011 at 10:34 PM.