View Single Post
# 4 26-06-2007 , 05:25 AM
Edit: Before you do the following, I recommend you save your file as a different name. That way, you can always go back.

Thanks freehand. The arm seems to be well inside the body. Your meshes also seem to look okay visually.
Try these quick tasks to see if they work.

1. Select one of your ams and then goto edit/ungroup. Then do the same for the other arm, and continue until you have done so to all pieces of geometry. This is to make sure that nothing is grouped which has caused union problems for me. (If you're familiar with hypergraph you can ungroup items quicker with it).

If that doesn't work

2. select arm and delete history (edit/delete by type/history). then do the same thing for the body.

If that doesn't work.

3. Try doing a cleanup on your geometry.

If that doesn't work then do it this way which I like to do since it gives you total control. Kurt also mentions this in the tutorial. Delete some faces from your body to make a hole for the arm to fit. Then align the arm to the body as if your going to sew them together. Select both the arm and the body and combine them (combine, not group). Now merge the vertices of your arm to the vertices of the body. It takes longer but it should work for sure.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!