View Single Post
# 47 10-02-2008 , 11:55 AM
Jr.Who
Got my new tablet yesterday! I used to have an Adesso Cybertablet 6400 and I just got a Wacom Bamboo Fun (small).

Here's the differences:
•The Adesso was cheap, only $55 new. I got the Bamboo (2 months old) on eBay for $65 (with shipping).
•The Adesso has a longer cord.
•The Bamboo's cord can be disconnected.
•The Bamboo takes up a lot less room.
•The Bamboo's design is much better, even the box is better!
•The Bamboo's pen doesn't use a battery, so it weighs a lot less.
•The Bamboo has much better support for Mac OS X. My Cybertablet has 12 function buttons, none of which work, because of the terrible support for OS X from Adesso.
•The Bamboo has a ring that glows blue at the top. Who doesn't want that? I've been ogling over it since it came. :eek3:
•The Bamboo pen's other end is an eraser (works perfectly in PS).
•You can hold the pen higher over the surface of the Bamboo (for tracking).
•The Bamboo has a much cooler pen holder, that unscrews (so you can put the extra tips in there).
•The Bamboo came with 3 extra tips, whilst the Adesso came with only 2 extra ones.
•The Bamboo feels like its much higher in quality.
•The Bamboo has more settings to tweak in the System Prefs.

Overall, I wish this Bamboo came out a year ago, before I got my Adesso. It has much better support for OS X, the one thing that made me hate Adesso so much. I emailed Adesso several times, telling them how bad their support is. One of their support people said they would work on it… that was over 6 months ago.

Now, I have to sell that Adesso on eBay… anyone here interested in it? user added image

Last edited by Jr.Who; 10-02-2008 at 12:08 PM.