View Single Post
# 18 03-04-2008 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
Ok LukyCat and Rhetoric Camel-

Out of anyone that kinda get what I mean is Acid44,Renu and Laurie Priest, So as for the rest of you that think you can just get by not understand or know what it mean to communicate through drawing, oh well to each his or her own.

But I tell yah, someplace somewhere will force you to go back too the drawing board and communicate the skill of drawing, rather it's animation or illustration no matter where you are in you career path.

LuckyCats dudes come down it's ok my friend, and you as well Rhetoric Camel.

All I am saying is it all starts with pencil and paper, that where the imagination takes place and from there explode into whatever that tickles your fancy.

Alexander H-

Hey man I can not speak for all companies out there n=but the team I was with, is a company that I can't say on this thread, but really man you seem to have what it takes as for what you wrote in your message response. Network, and Network as much as u can.

Go to Comic Cons in places like Cali , New York and other big city places like that to network until you land into the right circles of people whom can help guide you to where you need to be. Go to the companies or mail too them to setup an interview, show 2-3 of your best samples of what ever you fill is good along with "Anatomy Drawings" to give a well rounded sense of what you can do or bring to their group of artist, Managers also look to see if you can fit into their network of artist as well, someone someplace will see your potentials and maybe offer you a job.

It also may help if you freelance for an animation company to if you can find one that offers this, based on your working skills during t hat time and if they like your work, they will slowly start to develop relationship with you and you services, and I tell yah , you will be one of the first that they will consider when the chance presents itself. sometime this can take a while but yah want to be there so when it does, you will have a good shot at get hired on full time.

As for the Comic Cons, Animators ,Illustrators are always at these kinds of events. Have some sort of Business card on you to exchange with them. Do not be afraid to approach new people that does not fit the mold, Network, Network, Network as much as you can, during these times

Sometime in this field I have learned that you may have to start at the bottom and work your way up depending on what you bring to the table and whom your interviewed by.

Timing is also important, so you need to be on top of the networking thing and get to know more people whom are active in the animation field to get there side of the story as well, good luck to you.

Again,,, LuckyCat chill please bro,,,, user added image

Savnac

Last edited by Savnac; 03-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.