View Single Post
# 1 25-09-2003 , 01:09 PM

facial phenmones and expressions

hello.... i was wondering if i could get some help on an animation short that i'm working on. Basically i have a character and am currently working on his lip sync. After the lip sync i was going to proceed to his facial expressions, that also includes the movement of his eyebrows. The phenmones and facial expressions are all done in blending. Meaning i have a blend for each of the vowels, consonant groups, eyebrow movement, and facial muscles. My plan WAS to animate the lip sync, then the eyebrows, and then the facial muscles/expressions. I already have the lip sync done. The problem that i NOW run into is that, when i start animating his eyebrows OR facial expressions, those blends (eyebrows and facial expressions), distort my lip syncs. Does anyone have any solutions?????

I was thinking about using clusters for the eyebrow movement and facial expressions. But they seem limited. I've tried that before, and when i had a vertices belonging to more then one cluster, i had a double transformation effect. i mean... as soon as i moved the cluster, the vertice would jump off the screen.

Does anyone have particular method of doing lip syncs and facial expressions???? Or am i doing something wrong???

Thanks in advance and sorry for bugging you guys so much.