View Single Post
# 16 29-12-2007 , 02:12 AM
The term has varying degrees even within the US, so saying it is harmless for those in the US is also untrue.

But regardless of how offensive it may be, it still stands, if you are saying your work is, by your own standards, crap (even in the best interpretation, it is still derogatory, akin to worthless or garbage), then why should we bother to look at it? what is the point of chastising your work in a manner that, at least to some, may be offensive, and to others, still makes it unappealing? Especially in the finished work section (if your not happy with it, why display it as finished, ether keep working on it, or put it aside and come back to it (or not) at a later time. If your looking for advise/critiques, then it's not finished)

I find the best way (personally) to get constructive critism, without getting bad reviews, is to show your work, and mention there is something off about it that you can't seem to figure out (regardless of whether it's true or not, If there is something off i can't figure, I'll direct people to that spot), overall, this gets people offering helpful advise, noticing things you may have missed, but always in a polite manner.