View Single Post
# 23 09-06-2004 , 08:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey CB

Thats a good point. I think you should set your own standards as high as possible, because you'll never get a feel of it until someone sees your work and gives you an opinion and says 'Yeah I like it but.....' kind of like these forums, it a good way of getting a feel for how you are working, so then you go away tweek your stuff and come back knowing you have done your best and then see what happens. You'll look back in a year or so and say Nah ,Did I do that shit, cos I know I do!!

What I'm trying to say is basically do your absolute upmost and show your passion for what you do because eventually someone will say 'give that man a job', they'll see you have what they want. Look at the stuff that some of the big guns on the web do, aspire to do stuff as good as that and better, I think as long as you keep observing and practising your craft you'll get there, standards for each company are different. I would just kill to work at ILM and work on the stuff they do but I have to keep working and trying my best until someone says 'let him in' I wont give up!!

Hope this doesn't bollock on too much......

Jango