View Single Post
# 33 24-12-2010 , 03:28 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I still disagree about proportion, but yes it is " his model" so try not see it as critique, more as guidelines, based on mistakes I used to make user added image and the biggest mistake is to think that you can do it out of the top of your head without using any guidelines to start from, even Rembrandt , van Gogh and numerous other artists used tricks ( think pencil on a cord perspective lines)to check up on their " models".
Below is a quick mark up I just made don't look at the angle of the shoulders or the ugly grey muck I tried to pass off as painting.

I'd say do what you want with it I hope it's usefull

"I still disagree about proportion, but yes it is " his model" so try not see it as critique, more as guidelines, based on mistakes I used to make user added image"

I can appreciate that you have your own opinions on the design I went for, and I could appreciate that if there was a valid point to it, rather than a dislike for the design (Which is fine). I had my own concerns with the proportions when I first started, as I wanted to give him the intimidating proportions of a Buffalo. I was concerned the head would be too large, but Ive tried it smaller and it just doesn't work.

Also, the image that you are basing all of your critique off of is EXTREMELY old, in fact I think it was the first image I posted of the Minotaur, please reference the latest images on the first page.

"and the biggest mistake is to think that you can do it out of the top of your head without using any guidelines to start from, even Rembrandt , van Gogh and numerous other artists used tricks ( think pencil on a cord perspective lines)to check up on their " models"."

??? who said I went into this project blind? The original concept was sculpted before I started on the actual model. I spent ages with different variations of legs and hands, heads and proportional styles. And this isn't an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, not all the creatures are going to look exactly the same, bar the varying latex head piece. The rules of creature design can't be limited to a fixed set of rules, as long as it's believable, it doesn't matter. Hollywood is FULL of proportional faux-pas. But as long as it looks the part, it's all good.

"Below is a quick mark up I just made don't look at the angle of the shoulders or the ugly grey muck I tried to pass off as painting."

The crits you've made there are all things that have been addressed in the images on the first page. Except for the head, which to be honest looks odd. But that's my opinion.

Sorry if this comes off as rude, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but please crit the latest version of the model. As this would be the most helpful for me.

Anyway, thanks for the effort.

And thanks to everyone for the great feedback... G-Man I was a bit taken-aback, thanks man.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"