View Single Post
# 15 01-09-2003 , 05:38 PM
SM Tea Boy
Dam i hated the LOTR movies just goes to show you can't please everyone, but then again I always thought Tolkien was a hack he was a linguist not a story teller; I mean dam the man wrote more than 30 books, and a half dozen others that no sane publisher would have touched.

One half decent novel out of that lot makes him a hack imho and having read around about 12 of his books i guess im entitled to it.

Look at the dates on his books when they were all published after he died in 1973.

1976. Father Christmas Letters, The
1977. Silmarillion, The
1980. Poems and Other Stories
1980. Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-Earth
1982. Mr. Bliss
1983. Book of Lost Tales 1, The
1984. Book of Lost Tales 2, The
1985. Lays of Beleriand, The
1986. Shaping of Middle-Earth, The
1987. Lost Road and Other Writings, The
1988. Annotated Hobbit, The
1988. Return of the Shadow, The
1989. Treason of Isengard, The
1990. War of the Ring, The
1992. Sauron Defeated
1993. Morgoth's Ring
1994. War of the Jewels, The
1996. Peoples of Middle-Earth, The
1998. Roverandom

There is a reason none of that lot was published until after he was dead, its because its complete garbage even with help from his son finishing of half his books there still bloody dreadful.

Id rather read Jackie Collins that another one of Tolkien's pices of crap, and if i get dragged along to see the third film as i did with the last one im taking my bloody laptop.

Frodo and sam reminded me of nothing other than a couple of little stoners if they lived near me id have killed um, and that king o men bugger off id rather die than be saved by that ******!

Dull film based on a mediocre novel IMHO.

This RANT brought to you by
David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"