View Single Post
# 4 12-02-2007 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Hey Bob.

... does the software "security" center block scripts?

kind of. However, there is a difference between the Security Center and Privacy Center. The Security Center is the entire McAfee suite, and the Privacy Center is one of the tools that is included in the Security Center. So in a sense, I do not think McAfee Privacy Center has a parental script blocker. On the other hand, McAfee Securty Center does include a scripting blocker tool but I believe it is not for parental control, rather it is more so for monitoring viruses that use scripting language such as ActiveX and VB scripting etc.

So one thing I can be sure of is that it is not the Sercurity Center script blocker causing the problem to access this site. The reason I say this is because like I said before the script blocker is not parental control based. Therefore, in order for the Security Center script blocker to block this site, it would of blocked all Window users since the script blocker is not parental controlled.

On the other hand, I have not tried *.simplymaya.com, though doesn't that sound a little dangerous?

are you really trying to block yourself from viewing adult content? if so, then yea you've got a problem.

LOL, very funny, but shouldn't we refrain ourselvse to our opinions of others on this board?