View Single Post
# 14 16-03-2005 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Thanks to the both of you.

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
...however it looks very flat and lifeless (simply because you have too much light in there with all the point lights). I think you are on the right tracks and there is no "this is how you light a room" tutorial as each one is different. The thing to remember is that CG light doesn't bounce and so you need to add your bounce and fill lights carefully. More isn't necessarily better in terms of lights either, the effect you have at the moment could be achieved with half of the lights you haveuser added image

I guess my point is I am having troubles understanding how bounce light works in the respect of how many lights and what type of lights should be used for bounce light, as well as how dark should the room look so that it doesn't look so flat.

as for no one replying to your thread apart from one person, many people here in the newbie forum feel a bit initimidated by lighting and there aren't that many people with a lot of experience in it. If you have a lighting question post it in the lighting forum (for which I am the mod) and I will do my best to reply and help you.

Oh thank you so much in explaing this to me. Please accept my appology of sounding so dense, though I truely was thinking that this forum was for newbies to post there questions and other expeirenced people who where in such and such situation have ideas to help others. I didn't know that other newbies are repling. So I will certianly do so.

good work though, it's nice to see someone taking a real interest in the lighting side of things and not just throwing final gather and and saying it's lit user added image

... and thanks for the support and keeping my confidence on a high. My attitude on taking interest on something has always been if I am currious on how somthing works, I keep on saying to myself... "I am going to solve this even if I have to beat it into my head until it is solved".

Last edited by junkyBob; 16-03-2005 at 07:39 PM.