Thread: University
View Single Post
# 2 07-11-2009 , 07:23 AM
Subscriber
i know a few people in media design school, i considered going there 5 years ago, but because i didn't know anything and i didn't know anyone who had been there or was going to go there (that and they said i had to have tertiary qualification to begin with (what a load of crap that was though)) i didn't

but i'd assume it'd be like all the other techs and universities here and it's just a watered down version of other places around the world and you don't learn as much.

but then seeing other people say crap about the places they went to makes me think it's probably the same as the rest of the world

from what i've picked up the classrooms are small (like the amount of people), around 15 peopke in a class or so
and the computers are pretty low end, like 2gb of ram sort of thing

i walk past it almost every weekday but i've never seen it... it's "buried" without signs on the 7th and 8th floor of some building.

i think i'm going to go there soon to get stuff from someone so i might be able to see what the environment is actually like

is there anything specific you want to know that i might ask someone?
the new guy at work 4 years in 2d animation and then realised there were no jobs so did a year in 3d and will be done after that.
and i know some people in their first year

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D